For over 30 years, we’ve provided help and support to Police and families with missing children.
During the 2016 – 2017 fiscal year, MCSC worked on a total of 547 cases including our Search Network support and our hands-on Investigation team. Before a case even becomes an active registration, each and every call we receive requires our team to assess the case, examine documentation, and review with law enforcement partners. Our investigators receive nearly 800 calls every year to help find missing children. Searching families, anonymous tipsters, law enforcement partners, government contacts – all asking for help to bring missing children home.
We are committed to:
- Assisting law enforcement and families in the active and ongoing search for missing children;
- Utilizing cutting-edge technology network to provide first-responder support to law enforcement agencies when a child goes missing;
- Continuing the search for as long as there are missing children;
- Enlisting the help of other professionals in the search and recovery of missing children;
- Creating public awareness of missing children cases through innovative technology and collaborative partnerships;
- Providing affected families with emotional support, knowledge and resources throughout the search and reunification process;
- Ensuring that all of our programs – including professional investigations, active searches and family support programs – are delivered free of charge, so that every family who needs help receives it, regardless of their financial situation.
Our Mission: To return missing children to a safe environment through professional investigations, emergency response, public awareness and family support programs.
Our Vision: All missing children returned to a safe environment and the elimination of child abduction in Canada.
What We Do:
Investigations – Our investigators, a team comprised of former law enforcement professionals, work alongside investigating officers in a support role to actively assist in the investigation of missing children cases, driving leads and case developments.
Emergency Response – When a child is abducted or goes missing, MCSC lets local and national police amplify their voice by allowing an instant connection through a continually expanding network of engaged individuals, organizations and companies. A digital volunteer network that stands ready to assist by simply by receiving and providing information that could lead to the safe recovery of a missing child.
Family Support – We help searching families by finding and referring them to resources in their community, linking them to services including professional counseling and peer support programs.
Charity Facts: The Missing Children Society of Canada:
- Utilizes an in-house team of former law enforcement to actively investigate and search for missing children;
- Receives 2-3 calls per day with requests for assistance;
- Closes an average of 3 registered files per week; works with all types of families at no charge – regardless of socio-economic status;
- Works alongside all types of agencies – municipal and provincial police, RCMP, Central Authority, the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children, Foreign Affairs, consulates and Fugitive Squads, to name a few;